Volumetric studio is an exciting innovation that has taken the world of entertainment by storm. A volumetric studio is fully capable of capturing videos and images in 3D, and can be used to capture or record subjects in three dimensions. There is a major difference between this tech and 360-degree cameras. The latter allows viewers to view the image from all angles, but there is no depth in the image.
A volumetric video, on the other hand, allows the subject of the video to be viewed from all sorts of angles. It also allows the photographer to capture every aspect of their appearance and shape. A volumetric studio makes use of multiple cameras, which are focused on the subject from a variety of angles. The video is captured and the obtained images are then processed for a ready-for-viewing video file.
5 Applications of Volumetric Captures
Here are 5 unique areas in which you can apply volumetric captures in the most effective way possible. This is a truly exciting technology that can actually do a lot for you and your business.
- Augmented Reality (AR): Augmented Reality or AR is the name of a tech that allows people to have a real-world 3D experience using their phones or computers. This experience can be enriched by adding other forms of stimuli. In the age of COVID-19 and social distancing, AR can be a great way for people to explore museums, homes, etc. Volumetric capture can help in placing an effective AR guide.
- Volumetric Souvenirs: If you are setting up a booth at a science fiction or tech convention, then a volumetric capture kiosk can be a wonderful addition. For a small fee, you can capture a short motion of the attendees and give it to them so that they can share it on their social media platforms. This is a very effective way of increasing the popularity of your convention stand.
- Live Interviews: It has to be said the COVID-19 pandemic has dealt a crippling blow to social events and gatherings. One way you can conduct successful online conventions is by setting up some 3D capture kiosks. Your interviewers and interviewees can finish the entire thing from within the comfort of the kiosk. Viewers would not even be able to tell that the participants are not in the same room.
- AR Advertisements: AR Advertising is an exciting technology that feels like it has leapt right out of the pages of a science fiction novel. You can record advertisements using volumetric 3D capture and then send them to potential clients. You can include the video as an email or text attachment as well. Your viewers would be able to see a 3D version of the spokesperson on their phones/computers.
- Films and Entertainment: Another area where volumetric 3D capture has massive potential is in the area of films and entertainment. The presence of such tech has made the green screen redundant, as special effects and CGI can be added in later with a remarkable amount of ease. Static poses can be set up and processed to develop an interesting animated sequence. You can bring your favourite films to life!
How the 3D Workflow Functions?
Here are the exact four steps in which a modern 3D volumetric capture kiosk works. This design is capable of providing a high level of data quality to the users in the shortest possible time.
- Record: In this stage of the capture process, the static or dynamic poses are recorded in the volumetric kiosk. The technician will advise the user what to do so that the captures can be completed without any loss of data.
- Processing: The next stage of the process is the most time consuming one, as all of the images have to be processed and then converted into a 3D format. This can be done on a local or a cloud device.
- Code Generation: Once the video has been fully processed, you will receive a code from the system. This code can come in the form of a clickable link/QR code.
- Share: The video can be downloaded and shared with ease. You can share the link on social media as well.
This is all you need to know about all of the wonderful and remarkable applications of a 3D volumetric kiosk.