Here we are talking about how to transfer Dropbox to Google Drive. Let’s start with the basics. Google Drive is a file storage system that allows you to store and access your files anywhere on the hard drive, on the web or when you are on the go. Similarly, Dropbox offers off-site servers that can be used for file sharing and storage. You can use this service to sync your files online and all the devices you use automatically.
Migrating from one cloud storage solution to another one is not an easy task. It may seem as simple as copying files on one platform and pasting them to another, but it’s not like that. The fact is that you need to hire an expert service provider who can help you to move the data securely and swiftly and adheres to your timelines and deadlines.
How to Transfer Data from Dropbox to Google Drive?
If you have made the smart decision to transfer Dropbox to Google Drive by using a service provider like Cloudsfer then these are some simple steps you will need to follow:
- Visit the Migration dashboard and click on what type of migration you want. In case you have no idea of the type of migration you have opted for, check the knowledge base offered by the service provider.
- When you click on the type of migration you want, a migration plan wizard will appear with the list of supported source systems.
- You then need to choose personal and click on Dropbox as the source.
- As soon as you do that, a new pop-up window will appear wherein you need to enter your Dropbox account details. After that, you need to click on allow access to the service provider.
- The next step is to choose the content you need to transfer. Don’t forget to mention whether you would like to include parent folders or subfolders before hitting the submit button.
- If you are not sure about something, contact the customer support team of the service provider and ask for their help.
Why Transfer Dropbox to Google Drive?
Though Dropbox is a good service provider and has many advantages that lure people to try it, Google Drive is slightly better due to many reasons. Some of the reasons to try Google Drive as your preferred data destination are listed right here.
- Google Drive is a perfect option for users who have minimal cloud storage needs. It also offers affordable rates for storage to businesses and professionals who have got a lot of data. It also provides enterprise pricing.
- The best thing about Google Drive is that it offers up to 15 GB storage space for free. The cost of 100 GB is just USD 89 per month, and the cost of 1 TB is just USD 479 per month. If you want 10 TB, you need to shell out USD 4799 per month.
- Some of the features that make it a preferred storage destination are, it’s secured by Google, support all your devices, you can upload anything and find your stuff easily.
- It also integrates with hundreds of well-known apps and systems that includes but is not limited to Google apps, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Asana, Salesforce, Slack and many others.For further information on Google Drive migration follow the link