Efficiency is very important for a business. Especially in the competitive and fast-paced business environment of the 21st century, it is important for businesses to leverage all of the assets that are at their disposal. Productivity tools and software are very important, and that is why many businesses are making the migration to Office 365. It will truly make your organization agile, flexible and significantly more productive than before.
Office 365, also known as Microsoft 365, is a suite of productivity and content management software that consists of tools like MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, SharePoint, MS Teams and more. At its core, MS Office 365 is a cloud-based SaaS platform that has only one objective – to provide businesses with the tools they need to be efficient and productive. Here are 5 reasons why you need Microsoft Office 365.
- Centralized Platform for Collaboration: The main reason why you should consider a migration to Office 365 is the fact that it will provide you with a centralized platform for working together. Office 365 permits users to share emails, calendars, documents, etc. which makes the working of your organization efficient. Shared mailboxes basically mean that the same email can be sent to a group of people at the same time. This would eliminate multiple emails and redundancy, and it would also make it much easier to plan and schedule meetings. Real-time editing and version history also makes collaboration much easier.
- Business Continuity and Productivity: The second reason why you should invest in Office 365 is because of its cloud-based SaaS structure. As all your files will be backed up on cloud servers on a regular basis, your team members will be able to keep working no matter what happens. No matter what happens to the physical assets of your organization, all of your databases, files, etc. will be safe in the cloud. Collaborative software like this also helps employees to complete their task remotely, which is a distinct possibility in the COVID-19 scenario. Your business continuity is practically assured.
- Cost Effectiveness and Predictable Expenses: It is also interesting to note that Office 365 has a very flexible and cost-effective pricing plan. What this essentially means is that Office 365 is paid for on a month-by-month and per-user basis. You can scale all your services up and down easily. The cost of your license will eventually depend on the various functionalities and perks that you spring for. Since you will be paying per user, you will not have to incur any large fixed costs. On the whole, MS Office 365 is a wise investment, and it pays off well.
- Secure Cloud Storage: As stated before, Office 365 will allow you to keep all of your business files on a secure cloud database where it won’t come to any harm at all. All these cloud servers are protected and encrypted, so all of your sensitive business information is safe. There are also additional security systems in place, such as two-factor authentication and access control. All of your information is available on an access control basis, which means that nobody can access information that they do not have permission to see. All of your security concerns are addressed quite well.
- Improved Communication Pathways: In business, it is very important for team members to communicate with each other in the best way possible. Office 365 will allow your team members to reach out to one another by using tools like Skype, Outlook and more. This will result in better efficiency. All of these features will ensure that you are able to contact your team members no matter where they are situated. This kind of communication upgrade is very important and also very important, since most people are working from home. Improved communication will also help to improve your business’ performance.
These are the basic reasons why you need to consider a migration to Office 365 from the current collaborative system that you are using. Especially if you don’t have such an ECM system right now, you should consider getting one as soon as possible. It will streamline the functioning of your organization on a large scale. All of your tools will work together seamlessly, and you will be able to function effectively as a team.